Whether you have an upcoming wedding to attend or summer is right around the corner, it’s high time you got yourself back in shape! You know it will only get harder the longer you wait and you owe it to yourself to be proud of your body. Use the following tips to safely drop pounds quicker than you thought possible.
1. Make water a dietary staple. Water helps all of your systems to function better, enabling faster weight loss. It also fills you up if you have a glass before a meal, keeping you on the calorie track. Enjoy eight of more glasses each day and whatever you do: do not continue to drink soda!
2. Cut out the junk. Fast and processed foods will greatly inhibit your progress on the scale, even tipping it up if you’re not careful. Your body really has a hard time breaking that stuff down, which slows your metabolism. No matter how tempting it may be, avoid junk food at all cost!
3. Munch on healthy foods throughout the day. This is great for your digestive track and beneficial to your weight loss efforts. You will hardly ever feel that desperate hunger that leads to poor snacking decisions. Keep sliced carrots or organic trail mix on hand at all times.
4. Get plenty of high-quality sleep. Poor sleep is connected to weight gain through hormones. If you are deprived of adequate sleep, your body releases the hunger hormone in high doses, and we all know what that means! Make it a point of getting a good eight hours in and keep yourself on the weight loss straight and narrow.
5. Skip the stressed-out mindset. Stress will also interfere with your hormone production, causing bursts of hunger that will set you way back if you succumb to it. Stress also weakens your metabolic and immune systems, both of which are needed in top-form as you work to lose weight.
6. Add aerobics to your schedule every day. A good exercise program is essential to your weight loss efforts and will leave you feeling extra good about yourself! Find activities you enjoy and that burn off plenty of calories and do them often. Weight loss without exercise can be a long and futile journey!
7. Take a multivitamin. When your body is missing crucial elements like iron or zinc, you experience odd cravings and that can lead to counterproductive snacking. Managing your caloric intake while accounting for all of the essential nutritional elements is difficult, so add a multi to ensure you’re getting all you need.
8. Keep a journal. Write down everything you do and eat while working toward your weight loss goals. Include the times you cheat or put in an extra 30 minutes working out; everything contributes either in a good or bad way and you need to know. Science has clearly demonstrated that people who work with a journal while trying to lose weight are much more successful than those who don’t.
Is it harder to lose weight or harder to be seen in a swimsuit in public? You decide! Don’t put your weight loss off any longer, not only will you be happier showing up at the beach or special events, you will be much healthier too.